1. Criteria for Selection
Basic criteria for the award will be the research work carried out in the field of geospatial science and technologies with innovativeness and appropriate use of
scientific methodology, backed with quality write-up, social relevance and commercial acceptability of the idea and the adequate usage of geospatial technologies
2. Selection Process
An eminent panel of jury will evaluate the nominations and interact with the nominees, if required, before selecting the awardee.
Scientists, engaged in research work in any of the areas related to Geospatial
Information Science and Technology, who is not more than 35 years of age, as reckoned on 31 December 2020 are eligible to apply.
4. How to Submit a Nomination?
The nominations are required to be submitted to Dr. Hrishikesh P Samant, Vice-Principal (Science) & Associate Professor in Geology, St. Xavier’s College, (Autonomous) Mumbai – 400001.
by email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Application requirements & Nominations
Nominations should include the CV/Resume(Preferably a PDF document) of the candidate clearly stating full name, date of birth, contact information and their scientific contribution supported by relevant documents. Self nominations are permitted.
6. Application format/Checklist
There is no specific format.The applicant needs to include candidate’s nomination either on their own, or through a higher authority that recommends them. The application should contain:
1. Detailed biodata/CV/Resume including full name and date of birth
2. Details of achievements and proof of publications/patents/projects etc
3. A letter/statement of purpose where the candidate justifies his/her candidature for the award is highly recommended.
4. If the candidate is being recommended/ endorsed/nominated by an individual/organization, then recommendation letter/s on personal/ institutional letterhead are highly recommended.
5. Passport size photograph(In JPEG Format)
7. Application Fee
There is no application fee.
8. Important Dates
|Call for nominations||1st August, 2021|
|The last date for receipt of the nominations||31 October, 2021|
|Award to be presented during Geosmart India 2021 at HICC Hyderabad.||07-09 December, 2021|
9. The Award
The award consists of a Gold Medal, Certificate of Merit and a Citation Plaque.